Thursday, July 14, 2011

Change


Change. A magical word, that when spoken can quite frankly scare the livin' mess out of most any person. There are definitely people out there who enjoy and thrive off of change, but I am not one of them. I have always hated adjusting to new circumstances, especially if the change was unavoidable or painful. I have been very blessed in my life, however, and I
have not had to experience much change, or at least not negative change. It is much easier to adjust to something if the results are positive ones, or at least ones where positive things can be brought in along with the transition. A perfect example of this change; college. It is honestly so strange to me to be hearing all of the Freshman-to-be talking about all of the feelings they are experiencing here in the last few weeks before they will embark on what I believe to be some of the best days/weeks/months/year of their lives. I cannot believe that it has been a year since I was in their shoes and feeling the exact same way. The transition to college was an easy one for me because I had been desiring change for so long.
Unfortunately, the change that I am now facing is not so positive or exciting. As some of you may know, my Dad was recently diagnosed with cancer in his liver and pancreas. This news was extremely hard to hear, especially since it came in right behind a positive report only a few months ago. Not only that, but there are several other cancerous spots, but the doctors are unclear on what type of cancer they are, or how far along this cancer is. To be honest, the hardest part is the uncertainty of it all. I am just so ready to know more. But my God tells me to trust in Him and to be patient. I am a worrier by nature. But my God tells me He is with me always, and to not worry about tomorrow. I fear change. But my God tells me that all things work together for those who love Him. I am blown away by how blessed I am to serve such an incredible God, and that I have so many things and people in my life to be thankful for! Our family appreciates so much the love, prayers, and support you all have been showing us. So thank you! Even in this uncertain time, we will trust in God always.

Joyce Meyer once said, "Don’t be afraid of change because it is always necessary for progress."

1 comment:

  1. i am so, so sorry to hear this. when i read this last night, not only were tears streaming down my face but i prayed for your dad and your family multiple times. i can't imagine how you feel...cancer is just a very, very scary thing and it's very hard to except. i really wish i knew what to say to make you feel better, but i think you said it best in this post. don't be afraid of change and just embrace it.

    i'll be praying for your family.

    hugs,
    alexis

    ReplyDelete